At Compute Your World we are an Equal Employment Opportunities
We are currently seeking the following Positions to be filled.
IT Service Desk Technician – Level 1
Your new role
This position will act as a first point of contact for customers, resolving IT issues and service requests. Working within our service management processes, you will effectively classify, prioritise, resolve or escalate requests with the highest level of service and professionalism. This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring professional to kick-start their IT career within a professional, dynamic environment.
Furthermore, you position and responsibilities will include:
- Accurate recording of client and incident details and troubleshooting their progress;
- Initial investigation of incidents and service requests;
- Resolution or escalation of incidents and service requests, often using automated or documented processes;
- Monitoring of incidents and requests and liaising with support teams to drive resolution and maintaining communication with relevant stakeholders;
- Setting up and exiting employees, including asset issuing, training and recovery
- Providing training in the operation of IT assets and services
- Documenting records to identify issues, known errors and related procedures
- Effective and simplified communication with customers and clients
- Ability Sell Hardware and maintain KPI’
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline (e.g. TAFE or University degree) Or able to demonstrate Self-taught knowledge
- Minimum 12 months’ experience delivering IT support in a retail environment.
- Some experience in phone support (ideally in technical support) is desirable
- Some experience in Phone, iPad/Tablet Repairs is desirable but not essential.
- Fundamental knowledge of the ITIL framework and or/other IT Service Management methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (e.g. Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OSX, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012).
- Knowledge of MS Office productivity, communication technologies (e.g. MS Office/Lync etc.)
- Knowledge of such systems as VoIP, Networking, Hosting, Cloud based solutions
You will have a high level of motivation, be service orientated and demonstrate superb teamwork, problem solving and integrity. You will also need a high level of communication skills and willingness to learn.
Your new company:
Compute Your World is one of the Largest IT Retail Computer Shop in Morphett Vale. Established in 2008 in the last 8 months our work load has increased by 300% we are continually growing and looking to expand our service level. We value our workers input, are acceptable to change, new ideas and innovation by team members. We believe in a happy employee is a productive employee.
What we can offer you:
As an employee with Compute Your World, you will be provided with genuine career opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an industry leader in a role that offers interesting work, diverse clients, responsibility and client interaction whilst you are supported by a professional team that will respect your abilities and value your contribution. CYW offers excellent flexible working conditions and 6 monthly Work review meetings with Paid increases based on Performance and KPIs
To register your interest and apply for this opportunity, email your Cover letter and CV to employment [@] computeyourworld.com.au Please address all Dot points in your cover letter. NO Phone Calls, all enquirers via email only
Recruitment Agencies – thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
We offer Work Experience and Work Placement though out the year. Feel free to come into the shop with the relevant paperwork and one of our friendly staff will complete it for you. We are looking for students who are willing to learn, with a keen passion for the IT industry.